The client is one of the largest players in the book retail industry who operates the largest store chains in India with a network of over 45 shops as well as over 50 agencies in Kerala. Established in the late 70s, they had won the liberty of publishing 6,500 titles mainly literature, and many awards including the ‘Award of excellence’.
Our client has grown rapidly in the last few years, with a global footprint and offices across regions. The manual, paper-based leave management system was insufficient for the growing needs of their HR department. They realized the need for a turnkey, automated solution to track and audit employee leave, and allow schedule shifts, among other capabilities like payroll and travel.
We developed a server-less cloud application using the latest technology which made the application robust and stable. We expanded the application to incorporate additional crops and made it agile and crop agnostic.
- Time-consuming manual work: Manual process for attendance tracking, and leave management consume considerable time for both management and employees.
- Employee self-service: There was no ESS system for the employees for handling time-off requests, shift scheduling issues, on duty requests, travel requests, and other payroll-related issues.
- Insecure data storage and transfer: Insecure data storage and transfer: Using manual methods for keeping employee and payroll details were vulnerable to deceit activities.
- Process Management: HR: processes were handled by multiple individuals in multiple locations, which created further confusion and errors.
Experts in Feathersoft took this situation as a challenge and crafted an out-of-the-box mobile and web application solution with incredible efficiency, transparency, and accuracy.
- Secure employee database: A simplified, and centralized employee database was created where all employees are managed from a single location.
- Reduced redundant e-mails: Streamlined all time-off requests, tracked details of employees in a single window, and automated a lot of tasks reducing back and forth emails.
- Increase HR Automation: The system helped in streamlining HR daily tasks by automating simple processes like employee attendance, changing shifts, employee leave management, etc, giving them time back in their day to manage people and focus on the team’s initiatives.
- Centralize Employee Communication: Implemented a common platform for employees to mention their concerns about payroll or HR. Thereby the employee will be able to directly connect with the person concerned and discuss their concerns without any hassles.
Impact on Business
- Employees gain instant access to all the information they need to get their job done, even when they are not in the office.
- The HR system increased the productivity of valuable resources such as people, time, and money.
- The self-service empowers the employees, and the organization grows as a whole.
- Able to streamline all time-off requests, track details of employees in a single window and automate a lot of tasks reducing back and forth emails which avoids redundancies.